Does this darkness have a name ? This cruelty, this hatred, how did it find us ? Did it steal into our lives or did we seek it out and embrace it ? What happened to us that we now send our children into the world like we send young men to war, hoping for their safe return, but knowing that some would be lost along the way. When did we lose our way ? Consumed by the shadows. Swallowed whole by the darkness. Does this darkness have a name ? Is it your name ?
01. Once upon a december | EMILE PANDOLFI instrumental
02. We were sparkling | MY BRIGHTEST DIAMOND I'm afraid to forget you I am remembering you you were sparkling
03. Better | REGINA SPEKTOR born like sisters to this world in a town where blood ties are only blood if you never say your name out loud to anyone they can never ever call you by it 04. Bells for her | TORI AMOS always there through that and this there's nothing we cannot ever fix I said can't stop what's coming can't stop what's on its way 05. Girls like you | THE NAKED AND FAMOUS everyone will remember you when you're gone and your heart is a stone buried underneath your pretty clothes don't you know people write songs about girls like you?
06. Big girl little girl | SIA I wish that we were friends but you can't stop seeing us as the enemy
07. Dirtywhirl | TV ON THE RADIO the spark in your eyes belies the apocalypse inside you
08. The family jewels | MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS I can't break the cycle—am I just a fool? falling down like dominoes hit by family jewels
09. Sister | MUMFORD & SONS there's a chip on your shoulder, girl and by god it'll make you fall if you let it take a part of your soul
10. Our own pretty ways | FIRST AID KIT well we all fight in our own ways but nothing ever changes 11. My father's father | THE CIVIL WARS so here's my hope, my tired soul and here's my ticket I want to go home